Friday 29 January 2016

Evaluation - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?



I used a variation of websites to help present my research and planning as well as finding any refferences and existing products - this helped me gain an understanding into how I could make my product look as proffesional as possible. Whilst investigating into existing magazine advertisements I used the website thinklink.com to present my annotations in a new and interactive way intead of sticking to the usual bullet points.YouTube played a big part in the presentation of both my final music video as well as researching into other studenent's submitted work to both draw inspiration as well as anaylse what makes a good product. 

I used a Canon 700D to shoot my music video.

I felt that this camera was perfect for my text as the rotatable LED screen made it much easier to be able to set up my set so that  all props and actors were in frame. The many adjustable setting also made the camera easier to set up for the different locations my Narrative was shot. What truelly made me choose the Canon over a Nikon DSLR was the fact that all files that are produced on this Canon do not need encoding to be usable on Premier Pro. This cut down the time of editing that I needed drastically which gave me more time to focus on after effects.

I edited and constructed my video on Adobe Premier Pro CC.

In the project I used multiple in-software transitional effects such as cross dissolving as to blend shots together in time with the music whilst also using a red filter to display my narrative's antagonist as the devil. To ensure my live performance was in time with the music (a crucial feature needed) I used speakers to play the track to my actors as they either mimed the vocals or played along with their instrument. Due to the ability to have multiple audio channels, it was easy to delete the original audio that was captured when shooting and then import the song audio to fit the video perfectly. The track was easy enough to obtain as I already owned Royal Blood's self titled album in hardback form. I simply burned the CD into Itunes then copied the file to a USB stick. This ensured I was still respecting the artist's piracy rights as well as portraying the best possible quality audio.

For creating my Ancillary texts I used Adobe Photoshop CS6.

This allowed my have more freedom in the creation of my texts whilst also helping my place things accurately (compostion).  I had to download a new font offline form www.dafont.com as to producing legitimate looking text. The wide range of effects available to  me on the software made it the perfect tool to use to produce both my didpak and magazine advertisement and my expierience in using the product in Photography (another subject I study at college) meant that I could produce my ancillary texts using advanced techniques such as partial colour and blending.

For my evaluation section of my coursework I first used Prezi to create a presentation on Question 1 due to its easy usage and embedding capibilities. I used Premier Pro once again to produce a video on Question 2 which I then uploaded to YouTube with audio recorded over the top to commentate. To gather audiene feedback for question 3 I created an online survey using surveymonkey.com that I then sent out to multiple candidents of all ages including fellow students, family memebers and teaching staff. This was relatively to use when contructing the questionaire but became difficult when presenting my results in photoshop and cropping screenshots to be able to present them on my blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment